About the Course
- The best course available in the market. Compare to believe!
- Learn performance testing from the ground-up.
- 16 hours of in-classroom workshop time, exclusive of lunch/tea breaks
- No boring slides. Mind-maps are used throughout.
- Focus on strong fundamentals
- Focus on performance from testing perspective
- 8 hours of Hands-On Exercises
- No assumptions about existing knowledge
- Max batch size of 18 for more involved training.
- Content developed over 7 years by Rahul Verma
- Well received by testers as well as developers.
Prerequisites on Infrastructure
- Bring your own Windows laptop to work through our hands-on exercises.
- You must have admin rights on the machine with permissions to configure browser settings.
Pre-requisites on knowledge
- None to basic knowledge about programming platforms/technologies, although such exposure helps in understanding faster.
Professor – Rahul Verma
Rahul Verma is Founder of Test Mile and Talent Reboot . He is also the author of RahulVerma.XYZ . He is an advisor and researcher for SALT – School of Applied Learning in Testing. He is an awarded thought leader for his contributions to Indian testing community. He is known for his practical and unified view of software testing. He consults, coaches, mentors and interviews in the areas of software testing, test automation frameworks, agile testing, web security, Python and web performance testing. He has presented, published articles on a wide range of subjects and educated hundreds of testers in the said areas.
Want to Know More? Check his Linked-In Profile or Detailed Experience Portfolio on Testing Perspective.
Who should take this course?
The course has been specifically designed for someone with none to basic knowledge of web performance testing. Testers and Developers who want to explore web performance testing from end user experience perspective are the target audience for this workshop.
The attendees would be provided with the following:
- Course material
- Example Application, Installers for Java/Perl/Web Server/JMeter
- Portable tools for mind mapping, text editing, text comparison
- Portable web proxies
- INR 13,500/- per attendee
- Corporate discounts available
- Separate discounts can not be clubbed.
- Discounts for corporate workshops are calculated on the basis of base cost for a single nomination for a public workshop (without group discounts).
- A Service Tax of 12.36% is applicable over and above the cost mentioned in the price table, as per government regulations.
- The cost does not include travel/stay expenses for the participants. They should make these arrangements on their own.
- Full payment needs to be done in advance to block a seat. 75% refund in case of a cancellation from the participant, 100% refund in case of cancellation of the event by Talent Reboot.
- For corporate workshops, the above mentioned costs does not include travel, stay and commute expenses for the facilitator in case of workshops outside Bangalore or any other logistic expenses.
- The costs are applicable only for workshops in India.
- What is Performance?
- Performance vs other Quality Attributes
- User Perceived performance
- Understanding Project Context
- Terms and Concepts ( e.g. Load/Stress/Volume/Spike testing etc.)
2. Web Essentials
3. Performance Test Lifecycle
- Analyze and Report
- Workload Distribution Patterns/Usage Profiles
- User Mix
- Transaction Mix
- User Think Time
- User Abandonment
- Ramp-Up/Down Patterns
5. Implement (JMeter)
- Understanding Proxies
- Recording Web Traffic
- JMeter – Introduction
- Logic Controllers
- Extraction and Assertions
- Load Generation Envrionement
- JMeter Listeners and Logging
7. Analyze and Report
- Simple Statistics
- Understanding JMeter Output
- Plotting Data
- Response Times and Other Client Side Metrics
8. Real-Life Examples
- Design Challenges
- Implementation Challenges
- Reporting and Analysis