Talent Reboot’s 10-Day SDET Corporate Programme on Software Testing
About the Course
- The first and only training programme available in India for building SDETs (Software Development Engineer in Test)
- Comprehensive training fit for freshers as well as experienced testers/developers
- 70 hours of in-classroom training time
- Max Batch Size: 15. We don’t believe in putting hundreds of testers in a single class-room, the way many testing institutes in India do. This means more attention to students on an individual basis.
- Experiential Learning: Only 20% traditional class-room training. 80% time for brainstorming, exercises and hands-on. No spoon-feeding. This training programme is not for the easy-going.
- Coverage of formal as well as exploratory testing, Python programming, Web UI, API and white box testing. A Java variant of the course is under development.
- Programme is undertaken by professionals with rich experience in testing, and is driven by Rahul Verma, one of the foremost public figures in the software testing industry in India.
- Content developed over 7 years and with the experience of teaching thousands of working professionals across the industry.
- The programme is lab-based. This means the organization opting for this course would make appropriate arrangements or Talent Reboot would do the same at additional costs.
Professor – Rahul Verma
Rahul Verma is Founder of Test Mile and Talent Reboot . He is also the author of RahulVerma.XYZ . He is an advisor and researcher for SALT – School of Applied Learning in Testing. He is an awarded thought leader for his contributions to Indian testing community. He is known for his practical and unified view of software testing. He consults, coaches, mentors and interviews in the areas of software testing, test automation frameworks, agile testing, web security, Python and web performance testing. He has presented, published articles on a wide range of subjects and educated hundreds of testers in the said areas.
Who should take this course?
The course has been specifically designed for organizations who want to build a strong technical team of testers who are well equipped for today’s challenging testing needs.
Costs and Registration Process
- INR 5,00,000/- + ST for a batch of 10 students. This is the minimum fee to be paid in case there are less than 10 attendees.
- INR 40,000/- + ST per additional student beyond the first 10 students in the same batch
- 50% non-refundable advance payment to book the programme. Rest of the payment to be done within 15 days of the completion of the programme. If the programme is split into multiple workshops such that they span more than month. The pending 50% payment needs to be done on a monthly basis as per the schedule.
- The costs here are for the 10 day course, and are discounted costs in comparison to modules available as 3-4 day programmes. If you choose to conduct a programme of lesser duration by choosing modules, the cost would vary depending on the duration and modules chosen.
- At the premises of the organization that purchases this service or a location it has paid and arranged for. For Bangalore workshops, Talent Reboot can arrange for the venue at additional costs as per the context
- For workshops outside Bangalore, the travel and stay arrangements would be paid for and arranged by the client who buys this service
- The lab arrangement would be paid for and done by the client as per the specifications provided by Talent Reboot.
* Click the + to see expanded coverage under a section.
I. (Day 1) Thinking Like a Tester
- Testing Mind-set and Testing as a Profession
- Exploring Quality and its Characteristics
- Analysis, Decisions, Subjectivity, Opinions
- Test Planning
- Mind Maps, Heuristics, Tours and other tools to assist Testers
- The importance of Context
- Bugs and Bug Advocacy
II. (Day 2) Black box Test Design Techniques
- Important Black-Box Techniques
- State Transition
- Cause-Effect/Decision Tables
- Combinatorial Analysis/Pair-Wise Testing
III. ( Day 3-5 ) Python Programming
- Data Types
- Control Structures
- Using Build-in functions
- Defining Functions
- Modules and Packages
- Object Oriented Programming
- File Handling
- String Handling
- Parsing using Regular Expressions
- Process Handling
- Building Command Line Interfaces
IV. (Day 6) Test Automation
- What and Why
- Identifying Tests that can be automated
- Creating a Basic Test Automation Framework
- Using the default xUnit Test Framework
- Understanding Test Oracle and Assertions
- Data-Driven and Key-word Driven Test Automation
V. (Day 7) Web Application UI Test Automation using WebDriver
- What and Why
- HTML Structure
- Element Identification
- Webdriver Architecture, protocol and API
- Automating Element interaction
- Concept of waits and asserts in UI
VI. (Day 8) Web Services Test Automation
- What and Why
- Understanding HTTP
- Using Language’s Http libraries
- SOAP Testing
- JSON Testing
- REST Testing
VII. (Day 9-10) White Box Testing and API Testing
- What and Why
- Understanding APIs
- Control Flow Graphs
- Code Coverage
- Statement/Decision/Condition/Path Coverage
- Static versus Dynamic Testing
- Test Design for APIs
- Stubs and Mocks
- Depended on Components (DoCs) and Test Doubles
- Seams and their relation to Testability
- API testing vs White Box Testing
Testimonials – What the Attendees Say about Our Trainings
Before attending this workshop, I had tried learning on my own through different books and websites. The pace of my learning is accelerated through this workshop.
Ajay Balamurugdas ( Co-Founder of WeekendTesting)
You made me understand difficult concepts in easy way. I’m impressed with the mind maps. Very good content, very good explanation.
G.S. Neelakantan, Adobe Systems
Before attending the workshop, I thought I need to be a good developer with strong programming skills. Your workshop has shown me how I could carry my core skill as a functional tester one level higher.
Parimala, Blogger-Co-Founder of Weekend Testing- Test Manager at Moolya Testing Services Pvt. Ltd.
This workshop was an eye-opener for me. Organisation of contents and exercises were great.
Difficult and complex concepts made easy. Some excellent test automation ideas provided. This workshop helped in improving my thinking capabilities as a tester.
Sreeja Sreekumar, Software Engineer, CenturyLink Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
The workshop was conducted in a very structured way. Rahul started from the core base concepts and explained them very nicely. These concepts are the pillars of testing. This helped me in understanding that whatever I was doing, there is a core concept and reason for that. This helps in making learning interesting and will stay long.
Sourabh Nigam, Technical Lead – Testing, CenturyLink Technoligies Pvt. Ltd.
It was a nice training…probably a sort of wake up call for me. It gives a feeling or rather makes us aware that testing is much beyond GUI testing. The way Rahul took the session motivates us to improve our technical knowledge.
Priya, CenturyLink Technoligies Pvt. Ltd.
The way that you broke the boundaries between different test types was great and a lesson to take back and discuss with colleagues
Shyam (Attendee in a public workshop)